blob: 37d95e4d70fb9c00bf5533ef9b59b81f89328906 (plain
A CLI for the Messenger service of GNUnet.
## Build & Installation
The following dependencies are required and need to be installed to build the application:
- [gnunet](https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet.git/): For using general GNUnet datatypes
- [libgnunetchat](https://git.gnunet.org/libgnunetchat.git/): For chatting via GNUnet messenger
- [ncurses](https://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/): For the general UI visualization
Then you can simply use the provided Makefile as follows:
- `make` to just compile everything with default parameters
- `make clean` to cleanup build files in case you want to recompile
- `make debug` to compile everything with debug parameters
- `make release` to compile everything with build optimizations enabled
- `make install` to install the compiled files (you might need sudo permissions to install)
If you want to contribute to this project as well, the following options are available:
- Contribute directly to the [source code](https://git.gnunet.org/messenger-cli.git/) with patches to fix issues, implement new features or improve the usability.
- Open issues in the [bug tracker](https://bugs.gnunet.org/bug_report_page.php) to report bugs, issues or missing features.
- Contact the authors of the software if you need any help to contribute (testing is always an option).
The list of all previous authors can be viewed in the provided [file](AUTHORS).