blob: 4a5bf3565516642fada595d04bb43ae721c54068 (plain
A CLI for the Messenger service of GNUnet.
## Build & Installation
The following dependencies are required and need to be installed to build the application:
- [gnunet](https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet.git/): For using general GNUnet datatypes
- [libgnunetchat](https://git.gnunet.org/libgnunetchat.git/): For chatting via GNUnet messenger
- [ncurses](https://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/): For the general UI visualization
Then you can simply use [Meson](https://mesonbuild.com/) as follows:
meson build # Configure the build files for your system
ninja -C build # Build the application using those build files
ninja -C build install # Install the application
Here is a list of some useful build commands using Meson and [Ninja](https://ninja-build.org/):
- `meson compile -C build` to just compile everything with configured parameters
- `rm -r build` to cleanup build files in case you want to recompile
- `meson install -C build` to install the compiled files (you might need sudo permissions to install)
- `meson dist -C build` to create a tar file for distribution
If you want to change the installation location, use the `--prefix=` parameter in the initial meson command. Also you can enable optimized release builds by adding `--buildtype=release` as parameter.
If you want to contribute to this project as well, the following options are available:
- Contribute directly to the [source code](https://git.gnunet.org/messenger-cli.git/) with patches to fix issues, implement new features or improve the usability.
- Open issues in the [bug tracker](https://bugs.gnunet.org/bug_report_page.php) to report bugs, issues or missing features.
- Contact the authors of the software if you need any help to contribute (testing is always an option).
The list of all previous authors can be viewed in the provided [file](AUTHORS).